TORONTO JOBS 🧑🔎👩🏫💻 Seneca Polytechnic and Siemens Partner to Provide Tools and Training to the Next Generation of Industry Leaders
Friday, 17 November 2023 12:00.PM
Seneca Polytechnic and Siemens have announced the latest chapter in the organizations' long-term partnership to provide students with industry-standard tools and training.
Beginning this academic year, students in Seneca's Faculty of Applied Science & Engineering Technology will benefit from a Siemens donation of a sophisticated virtual reality (VR) manufacturing simulation kit and 25 seats of industry-leading Tecnomatix® from the Siemens Xcelerator portfolio of industry software.
The professional virtual reality (VR) equipment enables students to experience the Industry 4.0 environment, including technologies such as digital twins, the industrial metaverse and virtual commissioning. The Tecnomatix manufacturing academic bundle software gives students access to the same technology that companies around the world depend on every day to develop and simulate manufacturing processes in a wide variety of industries including automotive, aerospace, machinery, shipbuilding and high-tech electronics. Graduates with this type of software training are highly recruited candidates for advanced technology jobs.
"Our valued partnership with Siemens continues to strengthen experiential learning opportunities at Seneca Polytechnic," said David Agnew, Seneca President. "This generous donation will help our students access innovative technology, enhancing their ability to graduate career- and world-ready."
"Giving students access to immersive VR environments and industry standard software will help to reshape how schools train Canada's future workforce," says David Wilson, Vice President and Country Manager Canada at Siemens Digital Industries Software. "We're proud of our partnership with Seneca and our shared commitment to providing students with the hands-on skills to secure internship and job opportunities within a variety of industry sectors."
Seneca and Siemens have a strong history of partnership. Since 2016, Seneca students have benefitted from the Siemens Mechatronic Systems Certification Program, offered at Seneca in Ontario's first Mechatronics Simulation and Demonstration Centre. Siemens is also a founding supporter of the Centre for Innovation, Technology and Entrepreneurship at Seneca's Newnham Campus.
SOURCE: Seneca Polytechnic
- 16-Feb-2024 12:00 PM JOBS 👷♂️💵 New economic study released by Martin Associates - Close to 600,000 jobs supported by the Port of Montreal 👩🏭
- 15-Feb-2024 10:23 AM JOBS 👷♂️ Canada Announces Over $4 million to Support Critical Minerals Value Chains and Create Good Jobs in Ontario 👩🏭
- 15-Feb-2024 08:00 AM JOBS 👷♂️ Many Workers Planning to Change Jobs While Demand for Skilled Talent Continues 👩🏭
- 13-Feb-2024 04:23 PM JOBS 🚗🔌FOCAL Research Indicates That Canada Has a Lot at Stake in Transition to Electric Vehicles
- 13-Feb-2024 02:25 PM JOBS Black Canadians Feel Their Employers are Making Headway in Eradicating Anti-Black Racism
- 13-Feb-2024 10:23 AM JOBS 👷♂️ Bill 124 Appeal Ruling a Win For Workers, Ontarians 👩🏭
- 10-Feb-2024 10:29 AM JOBS 👷♂️💵 Air Canada Announces Scholarships for Aspiring Aircraft Maintenance Engineers at 7 Technical Colleges Across the Country 👩🏭
- 09-Feb-2024 02:28 PM 🚋 TORONTO New Measures Speed Up Streetcar Travel on King Street Transit Priority Corridor
- 09-Feb-2024 12:00 PM JOBS 🧑🔎 Ontario Continues to Attract New Investments Across Key Sectors 💵
- 21-Jan-2024 08:00 AM JOBS 🧑🔎 217% Increase in the Number of Canadian Employers Using Apprenticeships to Fill The Labour and Skills Shortage