News and Media Reports Archive (1-24 of 4474)
The 'Baltic', a Rare 292-Year-Old Guarneri Violin, Sold for $9.44 Million at Tarisio New York
28-Mar-2023 10:20 AM
- A new global auction record for any guarneri instrument. - Third-highest price achieved for any musical instrument at auction. - 18 new auction records achieved for makers of instruments and bows. - A rare 292-year-old Guarneri violin known as the 'Baltic' sold for US$9.44 million at Tarisio, the global auction leader for rare stringed ...
Dictador's Mika, the World's First Ai CEO Humanoid Made a Powerful Appearance at the Salz21-Home of Innovation Conference
27-Mar-2023 06:26 PM
MIKA shared the company's creative initiative to blend unique combinations of art, technology, and long-term investments, marking Dictador the most innovative brand in the world. In her speech, MIKA highlighted Dictador's commitment to revolutionizing the industry with AI and cutting-edge technology to create entirely new, non-existent categories ...
🦋 Canada to Restore Lands to Enhance Monarch Butterfly Habitats
27-Mar-2023 04:36 PM
- 407 ETR and the Canadian Wildlife Federation working to restore the equivalent of 22 football fields of land to enhance monarch butterfly and pollinator habitats along roadsides in the GTHA. - With the growing urgency of the climate crisis, 407 ETR is putting a greater emphasis on biodiversity, and supporting organizations focused on enhancing ...
TAX TIP Voices Prepares Voice Actors for Tax Season With Tax Education Campaign
27-Mar-2023 10:21 AM
Voices, the world's leading voice over marketplace, announced the launch of their Tax Education Campaign, a financial education content series designed to equip self-employed voice actors with knowledge and confidence to navigate the tax season. The Tax Education Campaign includes a three-part series of blog posts explaining the ins-and-outs and ...
Kaspersky Survey Finds One in Three Users Have Experienced Crypto Theft; Average Loss is $97,583
26-Mar-2023 04:28 PM
Kaspersky has released new survey results showing that one third of crypto owners in the U.S. have experienced theft of their currency or other assets, at an average cost of $97,583. This, and other findings, are part of a new report, "Crypto Threats 2023," based on a survey of 2,000 American adults in October 2022. Crypto trading has skyrocketed ...
TAX TIP Valuing Your Cryptocurrency
26-Mar-2023 02:23 PM
What is cryptocurrency? A cryptocurrency is a type of virtual asset that is protected using cryptography. It typically uses a system called a blockchain to record and keep a history of transactions. Cryptocurrencies, such as Bitcoin and Ether, are independent, meaning they do not rely on governments, central banks, or other central authorities for ...
Canada Launches New Toll-Free 1-844 POISON-X Number for Poison Centres
26-Mar-2023 12:00 PM
- Accidental poisonings are a leading cause of preventable injury and death in Canada - Each year in Canada, over 1,500 people lose their lives and nearly 8,000 are hospitalized due to unintentional poisoning from medications, cleaners, cannabis products, and many other household items. This National Poison Prevention Week, we encourage Canadians ...
Service Canada Works to Improve Client Experience for Passport Applicants
26-Mar-2023 10:21 AM
In learning the lessons of a very challenging period, and applying them for the future, this Government is setting up the passport program to be more reliable, more flexible, and more capable of serving Canadians effectively for years to come. Today, the Minister of Families, Children and Social Development, Karina Gould, announced the launch of a ...
Marketing To Kids Glut In Restaurants, Stores, Raises Concerns
26-Mar-2023 08:00 AM
- New report warns of negative impact on children's health - Marketing of unhealthy food and beverages to kids is ubiquitous in point-of-sale locations across Canada, like grocery stores, restaurants and corner stores, according to new research from the University of Waterloo. The report, which compiles data from over 2000 restaurants and 800 ...
JOBS Minister O'Regan releases the What We Heard Report on Developing Greater Labour Protections for Gig Workers
25-Mar-2023 04:21 PM
Every day, more and more Canadian workers are taking on gig work—casual work arrangements involving specific and often one-off tasks, frequently through digital platforms. While gig work can offer some benefits, such as flexible work arrangements, these kinds of work relationships can also often deprive workers of their labour rights and the basic ...
ATMA's First Psychedelic Training Program for Physicians, Psychiatrists and Prescribers Begins April 14, 2023
25-Mar-2023 02:33 PM
- As psychedelic therapy regulations are being implemented, drafted and discussed globally, the need to educate doctors, psychiatrists and prescribers in psychedelics is greater than ever. - ATMA Journey Centers Inc., Canada's leading psychedelic-assisted therapy training provider, begins its first psychedelic training program highly focused on ...
National Seniors Council Launches Consultations on Aging at Home
24-Mar-2023 02:21 PM
Canadians are living longer and healthier lives than previous generations and many want to live independently, in their homes they built, in the communities that support them, for as long as possible. Helping Canadians age closer to home and family by supporting access to home care is a priority for our government. That is why, today, the Minister ...
JOBS Federal Minimum Wage Rising to $16.65 on April 1
24-Mar-2023 12:00 PM
Every Canadian deserves a real and fair chance at success. Yet some Canadian workers still struggle financially while working part-time, temporary and low- or minimum-wage jobs. To keep pace with inflation, the federal minimum wage will increase from $15.55 to $16.65 per hour on April 1, 2023. Based on the Consumer Price Index, which rose 6.8% in ...
JOBS Creating and Securing Good Manufacturing Jobs in Nova Scotia
24-Mar-2023 08:00 AM
When we invest in Canadian manufacturing, we invest in workers, in communities, and in our economy. Last year alone, companies invested billions of dollars in our clean auto sector, creating and securing tens of thousands of good jobs and growing our economy. Today, the Prime Minister, Justin Trudeau, and the Premier of Nova Scotia, Tim Houston, ...
TAX TIP The CRA Would Like to Remind You That it Has Resumed Debt Recovery Activities; Here's How it May Impact Your Benefit, Credit, and Refund Payments
23-Mar-2023 10:21 AM
The Canada Revenue Agency would like to remind you that it resumed its activities aimed at offsetting taxpayers' debt last October. Offsetting involves proactively applying tax refunds and benefit payments (such as the GST/HST credit) to tax and other government debts. How offsetting works Offsetting is a standard operating procedure that was ...
⚠️⚕️ Nestlé Good Start - Soothe (Infant Formula) Recalled Due to Possible Cronobacter Sakazakii
23-Mar-2023 08:00 AM
Product: Nestlé Good Start Soothe (infant formula) Issue: Food - Microbial Contamination - Other Distribution: The recalled product has been sold nationally See the affected products and product photos for this recall SOURCE: Canadian Food Inspection Agency (CFIA) ... ...
⚠️⚕️ Robikids And Solmux Are Unauthorized Children's Syrups for Thinning Mucus and May Pose Serious Health Risks
22-Mar-2023 12:00 PM
Brand(s): Robikids , Solmux Summary Product: Unauthorized health products labelled to contain a prescription drug Issue: Health products – Product safety What to do: Do not use these products. Return them to your local pharmacy for proper disposal. Consult a health care professional if you or your child have used either of these products and ...
IKEA is Recalling BLÅVINGAD Fishing Game Multicolour Due to Potential Choking Hazard
22-Mar-2023 10:25 AM
- IKEA urges all customers who own BLÅVINGAD fishing game multicolour to stop using it and to contact IKEA for a full refund. - Safety is a top priority for IKEA and therefore we are taking precautionary measures and recalling BLÅVINGAD fishing game multicolour, due to a potential choking hazard. IKEA develops its products using a rigorous risk ...
President Biden's Visit to Canada Strengthens Democratic Alliances and Promotes North American Manufacturing Growth
22-Mar-2023 08:00 AM
The following is a joint statement from National Association of Manufacturers President and CEO Jay Timmons and Canadian Manufacturers & Exporters President and CEO Dennis Darby on the occasion of the first official visit of U.S. President Joe Biden to Canada: "The historic ties between Canada and the United States have created one of the ...
⚕️ Health Canada Provides Update on Supply Of Infant Formula in Canada
21-Mar-2023 06:21 PM
Health Canada understands that any disruptions to the supply of infant formula can be distressing for parents and caregivers and shares their concerns. We have been working, and continue to work, with manufacturers to increase the types and amounts of infant formula products available in Canada, but we are aware that parents and caregivers continue ...
TAX TIP 💵🏠 Less Than Two Weeks to Apply For $500 One-Time Top-Up
21-Mar-2023 02:33 PM
With less than two weeks remaining to apply, lower-income renters are encouraged to take advantage of the one-time top-up to the Canada Housing Benefit ahead of the March 31, 2023 deadline. This one-time, tax-free $500 payment is intended to support lower-income individuals and families who struggle with the cost of rent. Since the Government of ...
TAX TIP Do You Work in the Sharing Economy? Here's What You Need to Know
21-Mar-2023 12:00 PM
What is the sharing economy? In the sharing economy, individuals and businesses share their assets with others for a price. Arrangements are generally made using online platforms through a third party, or using a website or an application (app). The sharing economy can take a variety of forms, such as: • Transportation: ridesharing, rentals of ...
Toronto, The Top Bed Bug Basin
21-Mar-2023 10:23 AM
- Travellers beware as Toronto ranks first for the fourth-straight year on Orkin Canada's 2022 list of the nation's bed-buggiest cities - Orkin Canada has released its annual list of the "bed-buggiest" cities in Canada for 2022. In the top spot is Toronto, followed by Vancouver (up from third in 2021), and Sudbury (down from second), rounding out ...
JOBS Canadian Cereals Sector Drives Economic Growth and Employment in Canada
21-Mar-2023 08:00 AM
The Canadian cereal grains value chain plays a critical role in Canada's economy by creating jobs, supporting families, and driving economic growth. According to a recent report commissioned by Cereals Canada, Canadian-grown wheat, barley, durum, and oats had an estimated total economic impact of $68.8 billion, including more than 370,000 Canadian ...