Alectra Provides $50,000 to Assist in Ukrainian Electricity Grid Restoration Efforts
Wednesday, 12 July 2023 10:18.AM
Alectra is providing $50,000 through the Ukraine World Congress' "Energize Ukraine Fund" to help transport and install electrical equipment from North American suppliers to Ukraine. The equipment will be used to supply electricity to schools, kindergartens, and hospitals in the cities of Kremenchuk, Chernihiv and Kharkiv.
The financial assistance will help Energize Ukraine to pay for the delivery and logistical support of grid assets such as circuit breakers, solar panels and other essential equipment donated by various companies and organizations from across North America to Ukrainian utilities.
"These funds will assist Ukrainian utilities that are coping with the severe damage that is happening to the electricity grid that supplies power to essential civic services, like hospitals and schools," said Brian Bentz, President and CEO, Alectra Inc. "Working with the Ukrainian World Congress we can help get this equipment delivered overseas and in service as quickly as possible, to provide electricity in locations where it is needed the most."
Energize Ukraine is a global initiative dedicated to helping the Ukraine people rebuild their energy infrastructure that has been destroyed by Russia's ruthless and massive missile attacks. Over 50 per cent of Ukraine's energy infrastructure has been damaged, leaving citizens without electricity, heat, and water last winter. Next winter is around the corner, and Energize Ukraine is urging the world to prepare now.
"When considering donating equipment to Ukraine through Energize Ukraine, North American utilities want to be sure their equipment will be delivered safely and will make a change in the Ukrainian electricity grid. Having partners like Alectra helps us not only deliver the equipment but also attract more donations," said Paul Grod, President of the Ukrainian World Congress. "The support Alectra provides makes us hopeful that Ukrainian utilities will be equipped to face the winter season with more resilience and capacity."
SOURCE: Alectra Inc.
- 22-Sep-2023 08:37 PM Statement from the Governor General on the Visit to Canada by His Excellency Volodymyr Zelenskyy, President of Ukraine, and
- 22-Sep-2023 06:41 PM Ukrainian delegation visits Canada's centre of excellence on mental health conditions for military Veterans and their Famil
- 22-Sep-2023 04:33 PM Canada reaffirms our unwavering support for Ukraine for as long as it takes
- 22-Sep-2023 08:00 AM President of Ukraine Volodymyr Zelenskyy to Visit Canada
- 28-Jul-2023 08:00 AM Canada Launches Pathway to Reunite Families and Support Ukrainians
- 12-Jul-2023 12:00 PM Prime Minister Announces Additional Measures to Support Ukraine and Strengthen Transatlantic Security at NATO Summit
- 10-Jun-2023 02:15 PM Ukraine and Canada Joint Declaration
- 30-May-2023 06:11 PM CANSEC 2023 to Feature Defence News, Military Support to Ukraine
- 29-May-2023 08:00 AM Prime Minister Announces New Sanctions in Support of Ukraine and Funding for Nuclear Safety and Security
- 28-Mar-2023 08:00 AM Minister of Transport Announces Funding for Research to Support the Rebuilding of More Sustainable Transport Infrastructure