ONTARIO JOBS 👷 Skills Ontario Applauds Provincial Government in New Mandatory High School Graduation Requirement to Increase Interest in the Skilled Trades
Wednesday, 15 March 2023 02:27.PM
Skills Ontario celebrates progress as a new provincial initiative will expose more youth, including more young women and girls, to careers in the skilled trades and technologies.
Starting September 2024, Ontario has announced all students entering high school will now be required to earn a Grade 9 or 10 Technological Education credit as part of their Ontario Secondary School Diploma.
The announcement is part of Ontario’s Plan to Catch Up, a provincial government initiative ensuring students gain access to learning opportunities to consider the skilled trades and technologies as future careers. It comes as Skills Ontario is preparing to welcome students and teachers to the 2023 Skills Ontario Competition in May at the Toronto Congress Centre to showcase their skills and knowledge in different trade professions.
Skills Ontario CEO, Ian Howcroft, attend the announcement made by the Ontario Minister of Education, Stephen Lecce, on Friday.
Howcroft said Skills Ontario is pleased and fully supportive of today’s announcement requiring students to take Tech Education classes as part of the curriculum.
“We have long advocated that students need more exposure to and experiential opportunities with skilled trades and technology. This change will result in more students being introduced to skilled trades and technology, which will help to address our skills shortages and move more people to fulfilling and rewarding careers,” said Howcroft.
“This is another example of Ontario’s leadership in developing and delivering skills solutions that will benefit the province, our economy, and our standard of living.”
- 26-Sep-2023 02:23 PM JOBS Canada Employment Insurance Commission confirms 2024 Employment Insurance premium rate
- 26-Sep-2023 10:21 AM JOBS Amazon is Hiring More than 6,000 Employees in Canada to Help Deliver Great Holiday Experiences
- 20-Sep-2023 08:00 AM ONTARIO JOBS 👨⚕️🏥👩⚕️Ontario Midwives Deliver Essential Paramedic Training in Childbirth Emergencies
- 18-Sep-2023 12:00 PM JOBS 🍁 Canada Announces First-Ever Category-Based Selection Invitations for Newcomers with Work Experience in Transport
- 11-Sep-2023 10:16 AM 💻 Canadian Fintech Investment Drops to Pandemic-Era Levels in The First Half of the Year
- 24-Aug-2023 04:20 PM JOBS Google.Org Commits $2.5 Million to Npower Canada To Continue Reskilling Canadians for Meaningful Careers in Tech
- 22-Aug-2023 02:42 PM JOBS 🍁 Government of Canada Releases Updated Plan to Put Spectrum To Work for Canadians
- 17-Aug-2023 02:48 PM JOBS 🍁 Helping More Canadians Build Careers In Skilled Trades
- 16-Aug-2023 04:33 PM JOBS🍁 Government of Canada Announces Investment in Shipbuilding Infrastructure For The Canadian Surface Combatant
- 16-Aug-2023 08:00 AM JOBS Cutting Red Tape for Employers who Protect Temporary Foreign Workers