Upcoming Event: A Full-Colour 35Th Edition For The Gatineau Hot Air Balloon Festival
Wednesday, 31 August 2022 04:21.PM
- The Government of Canada supports the Gatineau Hot Air Balloon Festival -
This year, the Gatineau Hot Air Balloon Festival is offering a range of performances and festive events that will be sure to delight audiences and make the region shine even brighter.
Today, Steven MacKinnon, Member of Parliament (Gatineau), on behalf of the Minister of Canadian Heritage, Pablo Rodriguez, announced $99,800 in funding for the 35th edition of the Festival. The funding, from the Building Communities Through Arts and Heritage program, will help support this event that showcases regional heritage and gives local artisans and performers a great opportunity to connect with the public.
Speaking on behalf of the Honourable Pascale St-Onge, Minister of Sport and Minister responsible for the Economic Development Agency of Canada for the Regions of Quebec (CED), Mr. MacKinnon also announced $590,000 in financial support from CED. The Tourism Relief Fund provided $500,000 in additional funding, and the Quebec Economic Development Program provided $90,000 for event marketing. These non-repayable contributions will help the Gatineau Hot Air Balloon Festival adapt its services, offering tourists a more modern and environmentally friendly experience. They will also help promote the festival beyond Quebec.
"The Gatineau Hot Air Balloon Festival has been going strong for 35 years and is now an established must-see event in the Outaouais. With its rich and diverse lineup of arts and culture, the Festival is also a wonderful opportunity to let the talents of our local artists shine. Congratulations to the festival team on this colourful event that is sure to delight people of all ages. Have a wonderful festival!"
—The Honourable Pablo Rodriguez, Minister of Canadian Heritage and Quebec Lieutenant
• The 35th edition of the Gatineau Hot Air Balloon Festival will take place from September 1 to 5, 2022, at La Baie Park in Gatineau.
• The 2022 Festival program offers more than a hundred activities and shows. Eighty performers and nearly 700 volunteers will contribute to the event.
• Matinées musicales are back for this year's festival. Laurence Jalbert and Matt Holubowski will perform at dawn, at 6:45 a.m.
• Thanks to the Building Communities Through Arts and Heritage program, local artists and artisans, heritage performers, and specialists are given more opportunities to engage with their communities through various festivals, events, and projects. This program also helps local groups celebrate their region's history and heritage.
• The funding was provided under the Tourism Relief Fund, created specifically to help businesses and organizations in the tourism sector deliver innovative products and services to visitors and prepare to re-open to international travellers.
• The Quebec Economic Development Program aims to help communities seize promising economic development and diversification opportunities.
SOURCE: Canadian Heritage
- 01-Jun-2023 08:00 AM Upcoming Event: 🎭 DramaWay Productions' Annual Performance Showcase 2023 Spotlights over 100 Performers of ALL Abilities!
- 30-May-2023 06:11 PM CANSEC 2023 to Feature Defence News, Military Support to Ukraine
- 30-May-2023 10:27 AM Happening Now: 🖼️ Focused on Nature Presents The Living Sea: Fragile Beauty Exhibition in Toronto
- 26-May-2023 01:36 PM Upcoming Event: 🗿🏺 Doors Open Toronto Returns This Weekend
- 18-Apr-2023 12:00 PM Upcoming Event: ... ⛵🚢 Toronto Waterfront Festival: The Quack Is Back... Again!
- 11-Apr-2023 03:06 AM Upcoming Event: ... Japanese Canadian Cultural Centre Enters New Era with its 60th Anniversary ~ World-renowned Japanese
- 14-Mar-2023 02:25 PM Upcoming Event: ... 🦖 Jurassic Quest, North America's Biggest Dinosaur Event, Returns to Canada in April 2023
- 12-Mar-2023 02:33 PM 👸🏰🌠 Disney Is Celebrating its 100Th Anniversary! Let's Celebrate a Century of Magic!
- 20-Feb-2023 05:00 PM 🚗 NewCa.com Exclusive! 2023 Canadian International Autoshow. Roshel Senator APC
- 21-Jan-2023 08:33 PM TORONTO COVID-19 ⚕️💉 The City Of Toronto Announces The Burn, Interactive Installation Reflecting On COVID-19 Pandemic