TAX TIP Canada Revenue Agency announces maximum pensionable earnings for 2022
Thursday, 04 November 2021 04:33.PM
The maximum pensionable earnings under the Canada Pension Plan (CPP) for 2022 will be $64,900—up from $61,600 in 2021. The new ceiling was calculated according to a CPP legislated formula that takes into account the growth in average weekly wages and salaries in Canada.
Contributors who earn more than $64,900 in 2022 are not required or permitted to make additional contributions to the CPP.
The basic exemption amount for 2022 remains at $3,500.
The employee and employer contribution rates for 2022 will be 5.70%—up from 5.45% in 2021, and the self-employed contribution rate will be 11.40%—up from 10.90% in 2021. The increase in contribution rate is due to the continued implementation of the CPP enhancement.
The maximum employer and employee contribution to the plan for 2022 will be $3,499.80 each and the maximum self-employed contribution will be $6,999.60. The maximums in 2021 were $3,166.45 and $6,332.90 respectively.
SOURCE: Canada Revenue Agency
- 20-Jul-2023 10:21 AM Taxpayers' Ombudsperson Requests That the Canada Revenue Agency Make Improvements to Respect Canadians' Right to Be Represented by a Person of Their Choice
- 05-Jul-2023 02:34 PM TAX TIP Get ready: the CRA is in its summertime benefit period!
- 19-Jun-2023 02:23 PM TAX TIP Applying for the Disability Tax Credit is Easy With Our New Digital Form
- 13-Jun-2023 02:46 PM TAX TIP June 15, 2023, is the Deadline for Self-Employed Individuals to File Their 2022 Income Tax and Benefit Return
- 18-May-2023 12:00 PM ONTARIO JOBS 💵 Moving Forward with Building a Strong Ontario
- 03-Apr-2023 04:33 PM TAX TIP CRA Debt Recovery Activities May Impact Upcoming Benefit, Credit, and Refund Payments
- 27-Mar-2023 10:21 AM TAX TIP Voices Prepares Voice Actors for Tax Season With Tax Education Campaign
- 26-Mar-2023 02:23 PM TAX TIP Valuing Your Cryptocurrency
- 23-Mar-2023 10:21 AM TAX TIP The CRA Would Like to Remind You That it Has Resumed Debt Recovery Activities; Here's How it May Impact Your Benefit, Credit, and Refund Payments
- 21-Mar-2023 02:33 PM TAX TIP 💵🏠 Less Than Two Weeks to Apply For $500 One-Time Top-Up