JOBS 🧑🔎 Google.Org Commits $2.5 Million to Npower Canada To Continue Reskilling Canadians for Meaningful Careers in Tech
Thursday, 24 August 2023 04:20.PM
Google.org has committed a $2.5 million dollar grant to NPower Canada to upskill 5,000 underserved job-seekers with the technical and employability skills required for in-demand, future focused digital careers.
The grant will enable NPower Canada to integrate and deliver Google Career Certificates as a core component of its virtually-delivered workforce development programs, upskilling diverse job seekers from coast to coast for meaningful and sustainable digital careers.
This new grant represents a continuation of Google.org's support for NPower Canada, which began in July 2020. Over the past three years, job seekers have been enrolling in one of NPower Canada's core scholarship-based programs which integrate the Google IT Support Professional Certificate and the Google UX Design Certificate into its offerings, as well as NPower's advanced alumni offerings, leveraging Google's IT Automation with Python, Project Management, and Data Analytics certifications. Within six months of graduating from the program, 80% of NPower Canada's graduates are employed and/or enrolled in further education.
"Since 2020, Google.org has committed $4.5 million dollars to NPower Canada, supporting over 4,000 job seekers from underserved communities, and we look forward to expanding on this support today" says Sabrina Geremia, VP & Country Managing Director, Google Canada. "NPower Canada has a proven track record of providing Canadians with the skills needed to match the demands of today's tech workforce, along with wraparound support like resume building and interview preparation to ensure students are successfully landing jobs."
Olena Kotelnykova, a mother of two who fled from the war in Ukraine, is one of the NPower Canada graduates who earned the Google IT Support Professional Certificate and launched her career in Canada.
"In one day, everything changed - the war had begun. In one day we lost everything we had, everything we invested into, everything we loved, built and hoped for a new life in a safer place," shared Kotelnykova.
Olena enrolled in NPower Canada's program in September 2022 in Nova Scotia, shortly after she and her family arrived in Canada. She learned the fundamentals of IT and built new social and professional networks, beginning to build a life for herself here. Before she even had graduated from the program, Olena landed a role as a Financial Clerk in the Town of Berwick, a first step towards her dream career of becoming a Data Analyst.
"Olena is but one example of the impressive and resilient NPower Canada graduates who have been able to launch a new career thanks to our free workforce development program in partnership with Google," said Julia Blackburn, CEO, NPower Canada. "We are so proud of the impact that we have been able to achieve together, and even more excited about this new chapter with Google."
For more information on the Google Career Certificates visit g.co/certificates-canada.
- 30-Nov-2023 12:00 PM JOBS 🧑🔎👩🏫💻 Microsoft Expands Digital Footprint in Quebec with Usd$500 Million Investment in Infrastructure and Skilling Initiatives 💵
- 17-Nov-2023 12:00 PM TORONTO JOBS 🧑🔎👩🏫💻 Seneca Polytechnic and Siemens Partner to Provide Tools and Training to the Next Generation of Industry Leaders
- 15-Nov-2023 08:00 AM ONTARIO JOBS 🧑🔎🥘☕ 25,000 Jobs by 2025: Food and Beverage Ontario Launches Recruitment Campaign for The Province's Food and Beverage Processing Industry Workforce 💵
- 14-Nov-2023 06:36 PM ONTARIO JOBS 🧑🔎 Labatt boosts production and sustainability with $26.6M expansion of London 💵Brewery
- 14-Nov-2023 02:12 PM ONTARIO JOBS 🧑🔎🥘☕🏬 Ontario Strengthening Wage Protections for Restaurant Workers
- 11-Nov-2023 04:31 PM ONTARIO JOBS 💵 Ontario Strengthening Mining Industry Innovation and Development in the Northeast
- 10-Nov-2023 12:00 PM ONTARIO JOBS 🧑🔎👩 Ontario Helping More Women Build Skills and Get Jobs 💵
- 09-Nov-2023 12:00 PM ONTARIO JOBS 🧑🔎⚖️Ontario To Ban Requirements for Canadian Work Experience in Job Postings
- 08-Nov-2023 02:21 PM ONTARIO JOBS 🧑🔎🧑🌾 Ontario Strengthening Agri-Food Sector in the North 💵
- 03-Nov-2023 04:33 PM ONTARIO JOBS 🧑🔎 Ontario Creating Conditions for Job Growth 💵