Unprecedented initiative for Ukrainian refugees by the Sectoral workforce committee dedicated to metallurgy
Sunday, 13 March 2022 06:29.PM
The Primary Metal Manufacturing industry actors have agreed to work together to welcome as many Ukrainian refugees as possible in the upcoming weeks. This initiative promoted by the Sectoral workforce committee dedicated to metallurgy (CSMO-Métallurgie) is in response to the increasing calls for solutions and assistance.
"We have the capacity to quickly mobilize and offer all necessary support to Ukrainian families who wish to find sanctuary here, said Marie-France Charbonneau, general manager of the CSMO-Métallurgie. We are currently working at connecting those who offer housing, translation, French courses and trainings to properly welcome Ukrainian families to Quebec", she explains.
The CSMO-Métallurgie is thus calling all its governmental and regional partners to create the optimal conditions for Ukrainian refugees that will arrive in Quebec. AluQuébec, the aluminum sector cluster has already responded positively to this initiative and joined the efforts to identify all competencies and orient Ukrainian newcomers towards companies ready to welcome them.
"It's time to mobilize. We are facing an urgent situation. We need to prepare and ready to act as soon as they arrive on Quebec territory", stated François Racine. CEO of AluQuébec.
Additionally, in collaboration with the Ministère du Travail, de l'Emploi et de la Solidarité sociale, the Ministère de l'Éducation and the Ministère de l'Enseignement supérieur, a number of companies have already confirmed their willingness to offer support with jobs and training to the newcomers.
The CSMO-Métallurgie is first and foremost working on welcoming of refugees. "Our desire is to offer an environment that resembles as close as possible to a normal life for them, explains Marie-France Charbonneau. Therefore, we want to create a real support network, so that we can assist them in all aspects of their daily lives", she concludes, hoping that the metallurgical industry will inspire other sectors to adopt similar initiatives.
SOURCE: Comité sectoriel de main-d'oeuvre de la métallurgie du Québec (CSMO)
- 28-Jul-2023 08:00 AM Canada Launches Pathway to Reunite Families and Support Ukrainians
- 12-Jul-2023 12:00 PM Prime Minister Announces Additional Measures to Support Ukraine and Strengthen Transatlantic Security at NATO Summit
- 12-Jul-2023 10:18 AM Alectra Provides $50,000 to Assist in Ukrainian Electricity Grid Restoration Efforts
- 10-Jun-2023 02:15 PM Ukraine and Canada Joint Declaration
- 30-May-2023 06:11 PM CANSEC 2023 to Feature Defence News, Military Support to Ukraine
- 29-May-2023 08:00 AM Prime Minister Announces New Sanctions in Support of Ukraine and Funding for Nuclear Safety and Security
- 28-Mar-2023 08:00 AM Minister of Transport Announces Funding for Research to Support the Rebuilding of More Sustainable Transport Infrastructure
- 22-Mar-2023 04:18 PM Canada Extends Support for Those Fleeing Russia's Illegal and Unjustifiable Invasion of Ukraine
- 13-Mar-2023 08:22 PM One Year After Ukraine Conflict Began, Samaritan's Purse Continues Meeting Critical Needs
- 12-Mar-2023 10:23 AM 💵 Hudson's Bay Foundation Donates $25,000 to Canadian Red Cross to Support Turkey and Syria Humanitarian Crisis