The Institute of Corporate Directors (ICD) Responds to the Crisis in Ukraine
Thursday, 10 March 2022 08:00.AM
The military invasion of Ukraine is an attack on our fundamental principles of freedom, democracy and self-determination. This egregious violation of international rules requires us all to act in a demonstration of solidarity.
The ICD is therefore calling on all Canadian boards to re-evaluate their organization's involvement in Russian companies. Directors should also reconsider their investment strategies as well as their operations in Russia and engage with stakeholders in respect of such strategic moves.
Rahul Bhardwaj, ICD President and CEO: "We believe that Canadian directors will feel compelled to take a courageous stand to uphold these principles, which represent fundamental Canadian values of freedom and democracy. We encourage Boards to take into consideration their unique circumstances and strategy and act swiftly and decisively in the best interests of all stakeholders."
The ICD Board of Directors is in full support of this statement.
"This is a critical time for all leaders to take a stance with respect to core values and principles," said Linda Hohol, Chair, ICD Board of Directors.
SOURCE: Institute of Corporate Directors (ICD)
- 22-Sep-2023 06:41 PM Ukrainian delegation visits Canada's centre of excellence on mental health conditions for military Veterans and their Famil
- 22-Sep-2023 04:33 PM Canada reaffirms our unwavering support for Ukraine for as long as it takes
- 22-Sep-2023 08:00 AM President of Ukraine Volodymyr Zelenskyy to Visit Canada
- 28-Jul-2023 08:00 AM Canada Launches Pathway to Reunite Families and Support Ukrainians
- 12-Jul-2023 12:00 PM Prime Minister Announces Additional Measures to Support Ukraine and Strengthen Transatlantic Security at NATO Summit
- 12-Jul-2023 10:18 AM Alectra Provides $50,000 to Assist in Ukrainian Electricity Grid Restoration Efforts
- 10-Jun-2023 02:15 PM Ukraine and Canada Joint Declaration
- 30-May-2023 06:11 PM CANSEC 2023 to Feature Defence News, Military Support to Ukraine
- 29-May-2023 08:00 AM Prime Minister Announces New Sanctions in Support of Ukraine and Funding for Nuclear Safety and Security
- 28-Mar-2023 08:00 AM Minister of Transport Announces Funding for Research to Support the Rebuilding of More Sustainable Transport Infrastructure